About the live On-line Coaching sessions
Our live sessions bring our community together in a wonderful way. It allows us to be inspired and encourage each other as we make progress towards our goals.
Here are some instructions so that you can join in.
Before you even read ahead we want to answer a hesitation that everyone seems to have…
If you are uncomfortable being on camera in the group or performing in front of others, that is totally ok! You can simply turn off your video feed and watch passively. You can even send in chat comments if you like. Point is, you are very welcome and you can use your camera/audio at your own discretion. No pressure at all. We guarantee you that the buzz from seeing us and others will be a great motivation to study and practice.
To partake in the session you will need to download software from Zoom. It is a small program, very similar to Skype and can be used on your desktop, mobile and tablet.
Download the program here: https://zoom.us/download
On-line Coaching Sessions
- The aim of these sessions is to allow people to show their dancing and get feedback. It can be a competition piece that you need to test out, or just a social dancing clip of yourself, or even a focused rhythm or step that you are trying to improve. You will be with like minded dancers, all who can understand your journey while we offer support.
- For now, anyone can upload a video. As time permits we will give comments on every submission. However, if it gets very crowded, we will limit to submissions to six with ten minutes each for work time. Submissions will be on a first come first serve basis and you can sign up in the Live Events Forum.
- If you would like to audit passively you can. You can even turn off your video feed if you wish to relax and just watch.
- We will offer feedback to people who submit videos and if time permits we can talk about some related technique and take questions.
- If you would like to ask a question please select the “raise my hand” option so that we can un-mute you.
- Please be aware that your video will start automatically when you enter the meeting, you will have the ability to turn it off if you would like.
- The aim of this session is to answer any questions you might have from the courses, or any other social dance and Swing dance related questions.
- The session will be scheduled to run for 1 hour but if we run out of questions we may cut it off earlier.
*Recording and Replays*
Please note the session will be recorded and re-played for other members on the site who couldn’t attend the live session. If you are not comfortable with having your image on the recording, please either make sure you turn off your camera or you can decide not to partake.